Syndicated horses available
Listed here are a selection of horses currently on offer from a number of authorised syndicators around the country:
Breeding:Swiss Ace x Spirit of Sandford
Trainer:Stephen Marsh, CambridgePrice: Just $799 per 5% share covers all expenses from August 1st 2020 until January 31st 2021. Thereafter $170 per month fixed cost. (2.5% shares subject to availability).Social Racing is proud to offer lease shares in another Karaka Book One filly.
By genuine sire Swiss Ace (70% starters to winners and sire of Julius – Passing Shot etc) this filly a full sister to Secret Spirit (Four wins in succession incl. Ryder Stakes- Soliloquy stakes etc) and half-sister to Sword in Stone (3rd Waikato Guineas and recent winner in Hong Kong)
She will be trained at Cambridge by Marsh Racing www.stephenmarshracing.com
“A lovely type of filly much taller and stronger than her full sister, a very smart galloper. She looks like she will get up and run as a 2yo” - Stephen MarshFor further details, including an application and disclosure statement, contact:Brent Cooper
Breeding:Jimmy Choux x Emerged
Trainers:Lance O’Sullivan & Andrew ScottPrice: 10% shares $1,126.35. Ongoing monthly costs will be $340.00. 50% sold.A lovely big colt with size and scope and a beautiful walk by a sire that is producing results with Bostonian winning the ATC Canterbury S Group 1 on 7/3/20 and Two Illicit 2nd in the NZ Derby just last weekDam is a winning full sister to Shuka who won the Captain Cook Stakes twice and who’s first foal to race won and placed in Australia and her Proisir gelding won a trial by 5 lengths and has been recently sold to Hong Kong.This colt will race in NZ and also may be a suitable trade horse for the future.He will be insured.We welcome you to enquire and join one of our syndicates, recent performances include Aero de Paris who has won twice and place numerous times since the syndicate took a share.To be trained by Lance O’Sullivan and Andrew ScottContact: Lisa DunbarMobile: 021 942 574
Breeding:Per Incanto (USA) – Creil
Trainer:Wexford Stable's Lance O'Sullivan and Andrew ScottPrice: 10% share is $3,000 + GST, 5% share is $1,500 + GST. This filly was purchased for $30,000.This filly is a very athletic type who has a wonderful temperament. She is from a great family, being by one of New Zealand's leading sires and out of a group 1 winning mare. We were very surprised that she was not in book one and at $30,000, was great value.
Breeding:Myboycharlie (IRE) x World Away (AUS)
Trainers:Wexford Stable's Lance O'Sullivan and Andrew ScottPrice: 10% share is $6,750 + GST, 5% share is $3,375 + GST. This filly was purchased for $67,500.We were immediately drawn to this lass's pedigree page, being by the same sire as the international group 1 performer (Sir) Charles Road and whose dam is by Pierro, the same sire as the exciting Dragon Leap.A classic type of filly who is a big scopey sort and brilliant walker. She is an Oaks type and will make a lovely staying 3YO filly.
Breeding:Choisir (AUS) x Dawning Light (FR)
Trainer:To be confirmedPrice: 5%=$5500, and $260/month ongoing expenses. 1%=$1100, and $52/month ongoing expenses. Price includes Horse Share, Karaka Millions, Insurance, Valuation, Vetting at Sales, Transport and Legal fee.A powerful well built sprinting type by world class Sire of Sires and scintillating speed producer, Choisir, who has produced stallions globally including Starspanglebanner, Divine Prophet, The Mission, Olympic Glory and Proisir.This gelding is out of a mare by French Champion 2YO Sprinter Siyouni who has produced a myriad of top performers and Group race winners. She is a half-sister to Hong Kong stake winner My Name Is Bond. The female family is full of speed and produced lots of 2YO runners and there were stake winners from each generation, including Australian Group 1 winner Zinders, European Group 2 winner Striking Ambetion and Group 3 winner Cyrano Storme.Good balance, strong gaskins and powerful hindquarters which generates serious speed, this sharp looking gelding is built to run fast. From Siyouni, to My Name is Bond, to Striking Ambition, this horse featured consistent 2YO stake performers. And on top of these dam line records, is the 3 times winner at 2YO, the father Choisir. All of these make him a serious 2YO horse and the exact type for the Karaka Million Classic.Contact: Alan Fu, Managing DirectorPhone: 027 7411 311
Age:Yearling - Karaka Book 1 Sale
Breeding:Iffraaj x Kate Cross
Trainer:Te Akau’s Jamie Richards – MatamataPrice: 10% share is $20,850 +GST and a 5% share is $10,425 +GST – incl sale expenses at cost & full veterinary/x-ray inspectionsGroup 1 Consensus’ Baby Brother - a half-brother to Group 1 winner Consensus, the multiple Group winning mare that recently sold for $622,500 on Gavelhouse. She was a debut winner at two that trained on winning 11 races up to 2100 metres.He’s by Iffraaj and is a dead-ringer of our star galloper and triple Group 1 winner Gingernuts who was also a 2YO winner before claiming three Group 1 races at three and four, in New Zealand and Sydney.This colt looks a Karaka Million candidate for sure. There are a lot of two-year-old winners in the family. He’s a striking, powerful individual and one we think he can race at two and train on. Plus he’s by a proven stallion that we’ve had a lot of success with.
Age:Yearling - Karaka Book 1 Sale
Breeding:Savabeel x Baby Shacks
Trainer:Te Akau’s Jamie Richards – MatamataPrice: 10% share is $33,350 +GST and a 5% share is $16,675 +GST – incl sale expenses at cost & full veterinary/x-ray inspectionsA stand-out filly who, if she lives up to our expectations on the track, will be a very valuable filly indeed. Richly bred, she is by 5-time Champion Sire Savabeel. Te Akau has had huge success with Savabeels – including Karaka Million 2YO and 3YO winner Probabeel who won the Group 1 Surround Stakes in Sydney in February – and Cool Aza Beel who became Te Akau’s 4th consecutive Karaka 2YO Million winner in 2020.The filly was part of an historical moment in the auction ring at Karaka, providing Waikato Stud’s Charlotte Chittick (18) with the first horse she paraded. Charlotte loves this filly so much, she has taken a share in her too.A beautiful lass, from a terrific family, this filly oozes class. She’s poised and was one of Waikato Stud’s favourites. Her dam is a half-sister to a Karaka Million winner and we think she’s the perfect type to set for the great race, it’s a family filled with 2YO form. She’s got a lot of quality - a good deep, rich colour and, much like her sire, she’s out of a proven mare and it’s a beautiful cross.
Age:Yearling – Karaka Book 1 Sale
Breeding:Brazen Beau x More Bubbles
Trainer:Te Akau’s Jamie Richards – MatamataPrice: 10% share is $9,850 +GST and a 5% share is $4,925 +GST – incl sale expenses at cost & full veterinary/x-ray inspectionsWe really loved this colt the minute we saw him - out of a mare by Sebring, who was a leading sire and huge loss to the Australian breeding industry when he died. His grand-dam is by Commands, the sire of our Horse of the Year Melody Belle, and a half-sister to Group One winner Politeness.He’s a precocious and well-built lad and we really like the style that he has. He looks like he will come early and certainly could be a Karaka Million type of horse. Brazen Beau is an exciting young sire in Australia, by their Champion Sire I Am Invincible, and the big priced horses by him (up to A$550,000) are running in Australia.He’s got that strong Australian speed influence and could well be the horse to continue Te Akau’s dominance in the Karaka Million.
Age:Yearling – Karaka Book 1 Sale
Breeding:Savabeel x Lady Tatia
Trainer:Te Akau’s Jamie Richards – MatamataPrice: 10% share is $30,850 +GST and a 5% share is $14,425 +GST – incl sale expenses at cost & full veterinary/x-ray inspectionsSUPERB SAVABEEL FILLY - by five-time Champion Sire and Cox Plate winner Savabeel, this is another filly whose future residual value looks superb with a rich family behind her. Te Akau knows how to win top races with Savabeels – eg Probabeel winning the Karaka Million 2YO and 3YO and just recently, the Group 1 Surround Stakes in Sydney. Te Akau also won the Karaka Million for the 4th consecutive time this year with another Savabeel – Cool Aza Beel.She’s a beautiful, classic type filly with a brilliant temperament from the family of the great galloper Shogun Lodge who was Joint Top Colt on the Australian 4YO Plus Classification, beating the mighty mare Sunline in the Group 1 George Main Stakes.She’s very correct with good colour, and muscle. We feel she can run at two, but train on to be a classic three-year-old filly – Te Akau has trained five NZB Filly of the Year Series’ winners too, more than any other stable!
Age:Yearling - Gold Coast Magic Millions’ Sale
Breeding:Xtravagant x Idol
Trainer:Te Akau’s Jamie Richards – MatamataPrice: 10% share is $23,750 +GST and a 5% share is $11,875 +GST – incl sale expenses at cost & full veterinary/x-ray inspectionsLIKE FATHER, LIKE SON - this is a very physical and imposing colt and such a great example of both his sire Xtravagant and dam-sire Fastnet Rock. He sports the richness in colour that Xtravagant got from his sire Pentire, and the strength and substance that Fastnet Rock puts into his progeny is almost unmatched by any other sire in Australasia.Te Akau trained the multiple Group 1 winner Xtravagant, who won the Group 1 NZ 2000 Guineas in breath-taking fashion by 8.5 lengths. In the process, he ran the mile in a staggering 1:33.59, last 600m in 33.04, to establish a new race record and became the fifth of six 2000 Guineas winners for Te Akau.From a winning Australian mare, a lot of good judges were really taken by this colt at the Gold Coast Sale and we had to fight hard to secure him.
Age:Yearling – Gold Coast Magic Millions’ Sale
Breeding:I Am Invincible x Berimbau
Trainer:Te Akau’s Jamie Richards – MatamataPrice: 10% share is $38,750 +GST and a 5% share is $19,375 +GST – incl sale expenses at cost & full veterinary/x-ray inspections.FANTASTIC FILLY – FUTURE VALUE - leading Australian Sire (wins) I Am Invincible stands for $247,500 and his yearlings have sold for up to $2 million, averaging over $400,000 last year. This filly was outstanding buying and with a star pedigree like hers, she will have great residual value.She’s out of a mare that won as a two-year-old – high-class Berimbau has a Fastnet Rock filly foal at foot and in foal to Press Statement, so it’s a highly commercial family.A very strong and athletic filly, she’s beautifully balanced and just looks a real racehorse. We would like to take her back to Australia and contest races like the $2m Magic Millions Classic for two-year-olds, Golden Slipper and Sires’ Produce Stakes.
Breeding:Divine Prophet (Aus) x Vernal (Aus)
Trainers:Michael Moroney & Pam Gerard - MatamataPrice: 5% = $8,790.40, and $260/month ongoing expenses. 1% = $1758.10, and $52/month ongoing expenses. Price includes Horse Share, Purchase Expense, Karaka Millions, Pearl Series, Insurance, Vetting at Sales and Transport.A robust filly from the 1st crop progenies of Australian sire, Divine Prophet. Divine Prophet is a son of highly successful and emerging Sire of Sire in Choisir. He was the winner of the Group 1 MRC Caulfield Guineas, which has won by Champion Stallions Vain, Lonhro and Redoute’s Choice.This filly is out of Darley mare, Vernal (by Bernardini). Vernal is a half-sister to multiple Group 1 winner Hauraki, Kidnapped and Group 2 winner Academus. Physically very alike to her dam sire Bernardini, this filly has a compact body structure and is built to run early.International Bloodstock Agent Paul Moroney and Catheryne Bruggeman rated her as their top pick filly at Karaka this year and thought she’s a cracking 2YO type which is ideal for the Karaka Millions.Considering the Aquis pay back scheme*, her blueblood page and potential racing ability, we thought she was an excellent buying.*By winning one weekend race at Ellerslie or Trentham before the 2021 Karaka Millions, Aquis will pay 100% of her purchase price from NZB back.Contact: Alan Fu, Managing DirectorPhone: 027 7411 311
- Price: 10% = $3985 + GST and $340/month ongoing expenses. 5% = $1992.50 + GST and $170/month ongoing expenses. Price includes Purchase, Karaka Millions, Insurance, Vetting and TransportStrong filly from an outstanding black type family.SIRE ON FIRE El Roca is starting to produce a constant stream of top-class gallopers including Group 1 winner filly Travelling Light.Empress Wu is a 1/2 sister to Champion Australasian 3yo filly ROYAL DESCENT (G1 Australian Oaks) and out of Multiple Stakes winning mare MULAN PRINCESS.Full disclosure statement on request.Contact: David & Heidi Greene
- Price: 10% = $5013.76 + GST and $340/month ongoing costs. 5% = $2506.88 + GST and $170/month ongoing costs. Price includes Purchase, Insurance, Karaka Millions, Vetting and Transport.Strong, precocious filly that will be set for the Karaka Millions in 12 months!By outstanding group winning 2yo and champion 3yr miler Flying Artie out of a More than Ready mare who is a half to FAST CLIP. This filly comes from a pedigree littered with black type including multiple Group winner and G1 performer CHAMPAGNE CUDDLES and sire HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Full disclosure statement on request.
- Price: 10% = $8679.50 + GST. $340/month ongoing expenses. Price includes: Purchase price, Insurance, Karaka Millions, vetting and transport.She's All Class!!!Pedigree, Good Looks & Intelligence - this athletic filly has it all and will be targeted for races like the 1000 Guineas and $1M Karaka 3YO mile. An absolute standout. Do not miss out as fillies of this quality seldom available at such great value.Full disclosure statement on request.Contact: David & Heidi Greene
Breeding:Tavistock x Big Voices
Trainer:Lisa Latta in Palmerston NorthPrice: 5% shares are $3,475 + GST which includes all costs to 1 May 2020. Costs from May will be a contribution into the syndicate account of $165 per 5% share.A well-balanced and very athletic filly by the champion sire TAVISTOCK and out of the young multiple winning DUKE OF MARMALADE mare Big Voices. BIG VOICES is a three-quarter sister to the Stakes-winner TULLY DANE and a half-sister to MYGOODGRACE. She has a terrific pedigree and is closely related to Group 1 winner DAFFODIL. It is a superb fillies pedigree and her second dam was the champion two-year-old filly and Group 1 winner GOOD FAITH. She is a three-quarter-sister to the stakes winning and multiple Group Placed Tavistock filly, TAVY, so the cross works beautifully.She is a filly with a lovely loose walk and her attitude when being paraded was terrific. She will develop into a gorgeous filly that will be aimed at classic races in her three-year-old season, particularly the Oaks.She has been nominated for the Karaka Million two and three year old race (now also $1 million) and has been insured. She will also be nominated for the Pearl Bonus.
- Price: 5% shares $5,725 + GST which includes all costs to 1 May 2020. Costs from May will be a contribution into the syndicate account of $175 per 5% share.This son of 5 x champion sire SAVABEEL is averaging was a sensational buy when his progeny are averaging $247,500. He is a strong but very balanced colt from one of our great New Zealand families. Out of the VOLKSRAAD mare Baradevi who has already left two winners including Byzantine who has now won three and is just a four-year-old and Driven Force who only had four starts and was 4th at her last start in the Group 2 Royal Stakes. Stephen Marsh trains the full-sister that is a two-year-old and she has been impressive in her only trial to date and he believes she is very talented.His second dam is the Group 1 winner SHARVASTI and his third dam is the Stakes winning and multiple Group 1 placed VEDODARA that left three Stakes-winners including SHASTRI and BHANDARA. This colt is a ripper and represents outstanding valueHe is a mature and strong colt that walks beautifully and he could possibly race as a two-year-old before being aimed at the classic races of the Guineas and Derby as a three-year-old.He has been nominated for the Karaka Million two and three year old race (now also $1 million) and has been insured.
- Price: 5% shares $5,225 + GST which includes all costs to 1 May 2020. Costs from May will be a contribution into the syndicate account of $160 per 5% share. (70% available)A filly that comes with a terrific pedigree and was on our must buy list at Karaka.By Vadamos, a Group 1 winning son of the great MONSUN who has the remarkable statistic of siring three individual Melbourne Cup winners in Protectionist, Almandin and Fiorente.She is out of the Group winning and multiple stakes-placed mare ART BEAT who is doing a fabulous job as a broodmare, with her first two foals to race being Artic Shock who is Group 3 placed in Australia and the progressive Azabeat. Her third foal Ohopo Dreaming has just commenced her career with a 3rd on debut in Melbourne. This is a great International family the deeper you go and if she gains black type, will have fantastic residual value.A filly with a lovely walk and a classic filly’s head, she is correct and has an outstanding attitude. She could well make a two-year-old because of her athleticism, but it will be as a three-year-old that she really comes into her own.She has been nominated for the Karaka Million two and three year old race (now also $1 million) and has been insured. She will also be nominated for the Pearl Bonus.
Breeding:Pierro x Sotela
Trainers:Trent Busuttin and Natalie Young in MelbournePrice: 5% shares $11,225 + GST which includes all costs to 1 May 2020. Costs from May will be a contribution into the syndicate account of $245 per 5% share.A stunning filly by the hottest sire in Australasia. PIERRO was the winner of the Golden Slipper, but is leaving Group 1 winners at all distances and won the $2 million ATC Derby with LEVENDI. Needless to say he was Australia’s leading first season sire in 2017 and has left exceptional Group 1 winners PINOT (VRC Oaks), ARCADIA QUEEN, PIERATA, and Hong Kong Derby and Classic Mile winner FURORE just to name a few.Our filly is out of a Commands mare that is a three-quarter sister to the multiple Group 1 winner of 16 races, SPORTS and the multiple Stakes winner to Group 2 level SEIKA.Physically, she is very athletic and walks like a dream. She will have incredible residual value if she gains black type, but it is as a racehorse that we are excited about her.You can view photos, video and further information on her here. Her pedigree can be downloaded here.She has been nominated for the Karaka Million two and three year old race (now also $1 million) and has been insured. She is also BOBS Bonus Series eligible in Australia.
- Price: 5% shares $10,225 + GST which includes all costs to 1 May 2020. Costs from May will be a contribution into the syndicate account of $175 per 5% share.A gorgeous filly by the 5 x champion sire SAVABEEL and out of a European Sadler’s Wells mare, she has a true international pedigree. This cross has an impressive 11.3% stakes winners to runners, highlighted by multiple Group 1 winner LUCIA VALENTINA.This filly is a half-sister the Australian two-year-old Stakes winner TERRY, so there is plenty of speed in the family. Kendall Lass is a half-sister to the French stakes-placed Jasmiralda and is out of the French Stakes-winner MAID OF DAWKINS, completing a mouth-watering package and a filly that will have superb residual value. Physically she is a very athletic filly that looks a Guineas and Oaks three-year-old type and is a beautiful moving horse.She has been nominated for the Karaka Million two and three year old race (now also $1 million) and has been insured. She will also be nominated for the Pearl Bonus Series.
Breeding:Proisir x Ouzo
Trainer:To be confirmedPrice: $1k plus gst per 5% share - covers costs to end of February 2020. Cost accumulated each month herein after.This dark grey Proisir x Ouzo filly broke in very well and picked everything up quickly. She has furnished into a lovely big athletic type & she got great reviews from her breaker.Trainer to be confirmed.Contact: Kylie BaxPhone: 021 557 045
Breeding:Burgundy x Fashion Forward (Pentire)
Trainer:Mike Moroney and Pam Gerard, MatamataPrice: Cost per 1% share $1,137.00 GST inclusive. Includes all costs to 31st of March 2020. Karaka Millions nominated. Ongoing monthly cost from the 1st of April 2020 is $34 per month for a 1% share.On the back of the recent passing of Burgundy we offer the above colt. He is currently in work and not far away from a race day start.His sire Burgundy (Redoute's Choice), a three-quarter brother to multiple champion stallion Darci Brahma (Danehill), won five stakes races and his first three two-year-olds to the races all won. He sired New Zealand Bloodstock Filly of the Year Dijon Bleu and was Leading Second Season Sire last season.From an unraced mare by high-quality sire Pentire, second dam, Maire Claire, by multiple champion stallion O'Reilly, was a very consistent and talented grey mare, winning six times from 1300m - 1600m."He's a strong, good walking horse, and very well balanced," said Mike Moroney.Contact: Keith McDonald (Savvy Racing)Phone: 027 227 2889
Breeding:Pride of Dubai x Valhalla Wedding
Trainer:MP Breslin RacingPrice: $4,025 one-off payment for a 5% ownership share. Then one annual installment of $1,760 per 5%.
By the son of Street Cry, Pride of Dubai out of the Lonhro mare Valhalla Wedding this strong Australian bred 2YO colt will run early.
He has been broken in and educated and is ready to take the next step on to raceday.
His pedigree page is available to view here.To be trained by MP Breslin Racing.Contact: TinekeMobile: 027 284 4698Website: www.intowin.co.nz
Gender:Mare, Filly, Filly
Age:4YO, 3YO, 2YO
Breeding:VariousPrice: For just $500 per year (may be split into bi-annual payments of $250) race a share in THREE horses (details below). No extra costs. No upfront fees. No better value for the full ownership experience!The STARTING GATES syndicate is now open for a limited number of new members.BOOGIE EASY (Super Easy x Coat Du Roan) – 4yo grey mare, already a race winner and last start 2nd at Counties. Next start Ruakaka 15th November.SMARTY PANTS (Charm Spirit x Brannickers) – 3yo bay filly, luckless on debut. Next Start Awapuni November 14th.Plus new recruit “TILLY” (Tavistock x Diva Downunder) – 2yo filly, commenced full training November 1st.Contact: Brent Cooper for a Disclosure Statement and Application
Breeding:Ocean Park x Songfest
Trainer:Roger James & Robert WellwoodPrice: $4,200 plus GST per 5% - covers costs to 29 February 2020. Cost accumulated each month herein after. Only 10% remaining.Named Cakebytheocean, this stunning chestnut colt has had plenty of prep already done including, breaking & 3 x pre-training preps. Very educated and ready to go into full work after his next prep.Strong and athletic with a great attitude. This premier pedigree colt is a half brother to Champion Better Than Ever.He is a colt that loves being in stable life and getting his work done professionally on the track. An exciting prospect!Now at the trainers for his first prep.Trained by Roger James & Robert Wellwood in Cambridge.Contact: Kylie BaxPhone: 021 557 045
- Price: $6,312.50 per 5% share. This includes the purchase and all costs for the first 12 months.
From the hallmark family of Goodwood and Fairdale Studs, she has a pedigree to match the best being by Tavistock out of the Zabeel mare Zambezi who is the daughter of the top class multiple group race winning mare Tall Poppy.
Zambezi has had four foals, 3 have raced and all have been winners with Zambezi Warrior being the top performer so far.
This filly is a 2 year old who has been broken in and currently having a spell prior to commencing pre-training in the coming months.
There is plenty of black type on her pedigree page and offers like this do not come up every day.
To be trained by MP Breslin Racing.
Breeding:Jimmy Choux x Ouzo
Trainer:Richardson RacingPrice: Lease shares only. $1,500 plus GST per 5% share - covers costs to 1 March 2020. Ongoing costs applicable after that. 20% remaining.
Named Canuhandleajandal, this filly is very mature for her age and has already had her first prep training. She will get even be better as she matures.
She has a wonderful temperament. Obviously she is well related and has some top family members to live up to.Currently at trainers for her late 2YO prep.Contact: Kylie BaxPhone: 021 557 045
Breeding:Contributer x Lilly Belle
Trainer:Chris Gibbs & Michelle Bradley, RuakakaPrice: $3750 plus GST per 5% share - covers costs to end of February 2020. Ongoing costs applicable after that. Only 15% remains.
Named Beautifulnightmare, this filly is a cracking type. She is very forward mentally and really pulls herself into her work & has a lovely walk on her. Her strength with her beautiful pedigree will enforce that this filly has every opportunity to reach her full potential. I see her as a top miler however I think she will be competitive at shorter distances as well.Already at the trainers for her first prep and trials placed.
She will be trained by Chris Gibbs and Michelle Bradley in Ruakaka.Contact: Kylie BaxPhone: 021 557 045
Breeding:Ocean Park x Runeasy
Trainer:Chris Gibbs & Michelle Bradley, RuakakaPrice: $3,800 plus GST per 5% share - covers costs to 1 March 2020. Ongoing costs applicable after that. 70% of shares remain.
Stunning, strong gelding with all intentions to train toward a Derby & Karaka Millions.Family of Champion Middle Distance horse Danzdanzdance & Top Rated Australian mare Lucia Valentina.
This colt is a derby type of horse with a huge pedigree that will justify the concept that he will be in top form as a 3YO hence his paid entry to the Karaka Millions.
Plans for the trainer are the formidable team of Chris Gibbs and Michelle Bradley who also train Danzdanzdance.Contact: Kylie BaxPhone: 021 557 045