Clubs & Courses
Winton J.C.Clubs & Courses Index
Founded in the late 1800s, the Winton Jockey Club will race three times this season, twice at Winton Racecourse and once at Ascot Park. The Winton racecourse is situated 31 kilometres North of Invercargill and forms part of the Gallops South group. The track is 1600metres, and as such tends to favour horses who race up with the pace. As well as racing, the grounds are also used for showjumping, eventing, Pony Club and the Winton A & P Association.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland and access to the member’s only facilities.
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting.
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse.
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs
For more details and details on how to apply, visit www.gallopsouth.co.nz
|Date||Course||Meeting Name/Type||No meetings found.|
Winton Cup Day – November
A well attended twilight Meeting starting early afternoon. The $14,000 Winton Cup is the feature event of the day run over 2000 metres.