Meeting News

Ashburton Postponed Until Tuesday

The Ashburton Races scheduled for tomorrow have been postponed until Tuesday 21 December.

The RIB inspected the track at 3.30pm Wednesday along with the track manager and there is currently some water pooling. There has been approximately 30mm of rain today. The forecast through to mid-morning tomorrow is for a further 50mm – 70mm of rain. Based on this information and talking to both the club CEO and South Island trainer representative it is considered prudent to postpone the meeting for safety reasons. The fields will remain the same and all scratchings re-instated.