Trainers and stable staff – COVID Protection Framework transition
NZTR has published a new Directive for racing and trialling under the government’s COVID Traffic Light system (see link).
- From Friday 3 December all race and trial meetings will be conducted as “Events” under the COVID Protection Framework (Traffic Light System).
- Trainers and their staff will require PROOF that they are double vaccinated and must show their My Vaccine Pass to enter a race or trial meeting.
- The only exception is for those able to prove they have had their first vaccine dose by Friday, 3 December, these people will need to be fully vaccinated by Monday, 17 January 2022 to continue to gain admission to race and trial meetings.
- There is a requirement that licenceholders display their NZTR issued ID card at all times (except jockeys).
- Failure to adhere to this Directive and the protocols which are listed on NZTR’s website will constitute a breach of the Rules of Racing.
Trainers are reminded that Foreign-born staff without NZ identification (passport, birth certificate or Driver’s Licence) will need to call 0800 222 478 to obtain their My Vaccine Pass.
It is recommended that trainers and their staff print a copy of their My Vaccine Pass and keep it with their licence as back-up should they not be able to access their phone.