Riccarton Park-Canterbury JC | Saturday 12 September RACE DAY
Kavish Chowdhoory (a2) 021 992 119
Sanu Toolooa (a3) c/- 027 624 6142
Courtney Barnes 027 336 4624
Krishna Mudhoo 027 727 0691
Brett Murray 027 299 4193
COVID 19 ALERT LEVEL2:
Unfortunately, under the COVID-19 Alert Level2 which applies on Saturday this meeting will be a ‘Ghost Meeting’. Only workers essential to the meeting taking place can attend. Under our current Industry Regulations Owners, Sponsors, Members, and the Public are unable to attend this meeting.
Under Alert Level 2 the Sauna is closed.
TRAINERS PLEASE NOTE
- The regulations require a limit of two entrances – we use the Steadman Road gate for floats only and Racecourse Road for all other vehicles.
- Everyone working on the day must provide a COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire on racemorning to verify that the person is fit and healthy to work on the day. Please ensure that you and your staff fill one out and have it with you as you enter the racecourse. This is particularly helpful if you are in a horse float otherwise it will have to stop whilst a questionnaire is completed.
- Masks MUST be worn in the Weighing-Room, Birdcage and at the Starting Gates. Please ensure you do so if you go into these areas. You can wear a mask at any time if you wish. It is recommended that you source your own personal mask before coming to the races.
- Temperature checks are required for:
- Starter and Starting Assistants,
- Clerks of Course,
- RIU Staff, Clerk of Scales, and
- Any CJC staff who work in the Weighing-Room/Jockeys Room area.
Please ensure you get a temperature check at the tent inside the main ‘Arch Gate’.
Given the probability of a high number of starters and the resulting pressure on tie-up stalls Trainers are asked to work together in managing the use of tie-up stalls. Please do not leave vacant stalls between you and your neighbour. Any reserved stalls will be released if horses have nowhere to go. Please return horses to the Visitors/Permanent Stables as soon as possible after racing.
Two extra stalls have been created by shifting the Clerks of Course to the Farrier area, eight new outdoor tie-up stalls facing the Grand National Stand have been built and the two small yards have been brought into the area by re-aligning fencing. This creates an additional 12 places for horses resulting in 132 in total.
FLOAT ENTRY: Float Operators and Trainers are reminded that all floats are to enter Riccarton Park through the Steadman Road gate. The Racecourse Road entrances no longer provide access through into the horse float containment area.
FLOAT PARKING: All Floats to use the containment area. Trainers and Float operators are advised that it is a requirement of the Canterbury Jockey Club Horse Containment Policy that all floats unload and load within the confines of the contained Float Park. Horses are not to be unloaded or loaded anywhere other than within this area.
LICENCE DISPLAY: To assist security in ensuring that only authorised people are allowed onto the racecourse and into the raceday stalls area it is essential that all licence-holders and licensed staff wear their licence badges so that they are always clearly visible.
Security do not necessarily know trainers and other licence holders by sight and wearing licence badges so that they are easily seen will prevent any unnecessary embarrassment in accessing the stalls area.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE YOU NEW SEASON 2020/21 LICENCE.