60 Seconds With - Kylan Wiles
There's a new kid making his mark on the jumping scene, already ticking off his first winning ride from just his 11th raceday start at Te Rapa last Saturday. This week we get to know a bit more about the 17 year old in 60 Seconds With - Kylan Wiles!
1. When you’re not riding racehorses, what do you like to do with your spare time?
When I get time off I like to go golfing and surfing when the weather holds up.
2. What is one thing people would be fascinated to know about you?
People find it quite fascinating that I ride 20-25 horses a morning with half of them being breakers.
3. If you weren’t in racing, what would you be doing?
If I was to do anything other than horses, I would like to be building., I have really enjoyed building sine I was young.
4. What is your earliest racing memory?
My earliest racing memory would have to be when I was 5 years old and went to the track to watch trackwork with my Dad (trainer Dean Wiles).
5. If you could swap lives with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
I would swap with Shaun Johnson as I have watched him since a young kid and his stepping game is crazy.
6. What was your favourite subject at school?
I didn't really have a favourite subject at school as I didn't really like school! But probably P.E.
7. Do you have a favourite TV show?
I don't really watch much TV but when I do it would be Trackside and UFC.
8. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go to and why?
I would love to go to Egypt as I would like to explore the pyramids to see the history in them.
9. What three words would you use to best describe yourself?
Hardworking, Proactive and Empathetic.
10. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Well I hope to still be riding in races for as long as I can and hopefully become a trainer.