Clubs & Courses
Central Otago R.C.Clubs & Courses Index
Central Otago R.C.
Central Otago Racing Club will hold two meetings for the 2013/14 season at Omakau. Great effort is taken to ensure the venue is in tip top condition. The course is regarded as having one of the best racing surfaces around during January. Combine this with the picturesque setting surrounded by trees, Omakau is one of the most popular country courses in the South Island. The Club has more members than any other Club in the Gallop South region – approximately 500, advertising the popularity of their annual race day and the hard working nature of the committee.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland and access to the member’s only facilities.
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting.
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse.
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs
For more details and details on how to apply, visit www.gallopsouth.co.nz
|Date||Course||Meeting Name/Type||No meetings found.|
January - Interislander Summer Festival Omakau Gallops
Join the Central Otago Racing Club for Interislander Summer Festival Omakau Gallops and enjoy the stunning local food and wine, surrounded by the picturesque Central Otago hills. You can sit back, relax and enjoy great thoroughbred racing action, whilst the children play in a safe environment with free all day kids entertainment!