Clubs & Courses
Waikouaiti R.C.Clubs & Courses Index
The Waikouaiti Racing Club began racing permanently at Wingatui in the middle of January 2021 after racing at Waikouaiti on or about New Year’s Day for some 129 years. New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing directed the move following the Messara report on racing in New Zealand. The club, formed in the 1880s embraced the shift to Wingatui (2000m track, 350m straight) with a day of entertainment for all the family, including a bouncy castle, Kids Kartz harness racing and lolly scramble for the younger brigade. The Waikouaiti club had raced at Wingatui in 1999 when the home track was under repair. The Waikouaiti Cup winners Gay Filou (1964) and Ed (1995) have gone on to win the Wellington Cup the same year.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland and access to the member’s only facilities.
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting.
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse.
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs
For more details and details on how to apply, visit events.loveracing.nz/clubs/Waikouaiti+RC
|No meetings found.
Waikouaiti Races - January
Join us at Wingatui Racecourse in mid-January for the annual Waikouaiti Races. This event has all you need for a perfect day at the races with family and friends. Enjoy free entertainment for the kids all day and exciting thoroughbred racing on-course while you sit back and relax.