Clubs & Courses
TaurangaClubs & Courses Index
ClubsThe following clubs race at Tauranga:
Home to Racing Tauranga, the course will stage twelve meetings this season and is considered as one of the finest provincial racing venues in New Zealand. Following an extensive refurbishment, the venue offers a range of lounge facilities in the two grandstands from where patrons can enjoy the action on the track in quality, comfortable surroundings. In 2006, there was a major $400,000 renovation of the main track, including extensive drainage work.
Membership: Annual subscription $75. Includes:
* Reciprocal rights with Racing Matamata, Racing Rotorua, Racing Taupo, Racing Te Aroha, Racing Thames, Whakatane Racing Club, and Taumarunui Racing Club allowing free entry to 46 meetings across 6 different venues.
The TAB provides EFTPOS (Credit Cards NOT useable) in the main public areas and from the Secretary’s office.
Food is available from the Public Café as well as from various vendors (eg; Coffee To Go)
|TAURANGA TRACK RECORDS|
|1100 metres||1.06.10||River Belle||29.12.73|
|1300 metres||1.14.32||Lord Phoenix||13.03.94|
|1400 metres||1.20.50||Tall Poppy||17.02.99|
|1600 metres||1.33.82||Society Beau||13.04.02|
|2100 metres||2.06.25||She Might Hula||5.12.87|
|Hurdles 2800 metres||3.04.30||Bold Sam||19.09.81|
|Hurdles 2900 metres||3.22.40||Diamondsareforever||23.6.07|
|Hurdles 3000 metres||3.28.80||Tossa||11.08.73|
|Steeples 3600 metres||4.18.49||All Blessed||7.09.96|
|Steeples 4400 metres||5.12.40||Specialist||27.10.73|
Hospitality packages are available on many of our racedays. For details please contact Abbie Davie, Marketing and Events on 07 578 6102 or via email at [email protected]
|Thu 28 Nov 2019||Racing Tauranga||Industry|
|Fri 13 Dec 2019||Racing Tauranga||Industry|
|Thu 2 Jan 2020||Racing Tauranga||Tier 2 Feature|
|Fri 17 Jan 2020||Racing Tauranga||Feature|
|Thu 6 Feb 2020||Racing Tauranga||Feature|
|Sat 14 Mar 2020||Racing Tauranga||Feature|
|Sat 21 Mar 2020||Racing Tauranga||Other|
|Fri 17 Apr 2020||Racing Tauranga||Other|
|Sat 20 Jun 2020||Racing Tauranga||Premier 2|
|Wed 29 Jul 2020||Racing Tauranga||Other|
Head on over to www.racingtauranga.co.nz for more information on upcomming races, and see below for some of the entertainment packages we offer:
- Live Music & Free Children’s Entertainment
- Hospitality Packages – great excuse for young professionals and social butterflies to dress up and enjoy a day of fun and flirting at the races. Ladies think fascinators and guys, suits. Party with live music in between the races while you savour delectable treats, catch up with friends (and make new ones) and enjoy your favourite beverage (responsibly, of course) at the most-anticipated event of the summer social calendar.
- “Fashion In The Field VIP Enclosure” the perfect place for a little indulgence while taking in the competition, interspersed with parades on the catwalk showcasing the latest styles from Augustine International. Enjoy a delicious two-course meal, beverages and the best seat in the house with a table next to the catwalk.
- “Home Strait Gazebo Lawn Spots” avoid the stress of arriving early by pre-booking one of the popular Home Straight Gazebo lawn spots located in the front row of the main public lawn, parallel to the track. Your reserved space comes with a picnic table over which you can erect your own gazebo and racebooks for up to 10 guests.