Clubs & Courses
Racing TaurangaClubs & Courses Index
The history of Racing Tauranga goes back over 125 years, originally known as the Bay of Plenty Racing Club, Racing Tauranga will stage twelve meetings this season at the Tauranga Racecourse, which is considered one of the finest provincial racing venues in New Zealand. Following an extensive refurbishment, the venue offers a range of lounge facilities including the Doncaster Lounge. From two grandstands patrons can enjoy the action on the track in quality, comfortable surroundings. In 2006 the club undertook a major $400,000 renovation of its main track, including extensive drainage work.
* Reciprocal rights with Racing Matamata, Racing Rotorua, Racing Taupo, Racing Te Aroha, Racing Thames, Whakatane Racing Club, and Taumarunui Racing Club.
The TAB provides EFTPOS (Credit Cards NOT useable) in the main public areas and from the Secretary’s office.
Food is available from the Public Café as well as from various vendors (eg; Coffee To Go)
Hospitality packages are available on many of our racedays. For details please contact Kelly Bryant, Marketing and Events on 07 578 6102 or via email at [email protected]
|Wed 11 Sep 2019||Tauranga||Industry|
|Fri 25 Oct 2019||Tauranga||Industry|
|Sat 16 Nov 2019||Tauranga||Feature|
|Thu 28 Nov 2019||Tauranga||Other|
|Fri 13 Dec 2019||Tauranga||Other|
|Thu 2 Jan 2020||Tauranga||Other|
|Fri 17 Jan 2020||Tauranga||Other|
|Thu 6 Feb 2020||Tauranga||Other|
|Sat 14 Mar 2020||Tauranga||Feature|
|Sat 21 Mar 2020||Tauranga||Other|
|Fri 17 Apr 2020||Tauranga||Other|
|Sat 20 Jun 2020||Tauranga||Premier 2|
|Wed 29 Jul 2020||Tauranga||Other|
Head on over to www.racingtauranga.co.nz for more information on upcomming races, and see below for some of the entertainment packages we offer:
- Live Music & Free Children’s Entertainment
- Hospitality Packages – great excuse for young professionals and social butterflies to dress up and enjoy a day of fun and flirting at the races. Ladies think fascinators and guys, suits. Party with live music in between the races while you savour delectable treats, catch up with friends (and make new ones) and enjoy your favourite beverage (responsibly, of course) at the most-anticipated event of the summer social calendar.
- “Fashion In The Field VIP Enclosure” the perfect place for a little indulgence while taking in the competition, interspersed with parades on the catwalk showcasing the latest styles from Augustine International. Enjoy a delicious two-course meal, beverages and the best seat in the house with a table next to the catwalk.
- “Home Strait Gazebo Lawn Spots” avoid the stress of arriving early by pre-booking one of the popular Home Straight Gazebo lawn spots located in the front row of the main public lawn, parallel to the track. Your reserved space comes with a picnic table over which you can erect your own gazebo and racebooks for up to 10 guests.