Clubs & Courses
Otaki-Maori R.C.Clubs & Courses Index
The Otaki-Maori Racing Club, located 70 kilometres (40 miles) north of Wellington, has enjoyed a long, colourful and successful history since its establishment in 1886. It is the sole surviving Maori racing club in New Zealand – others having disappeared prior to the twentieth century.
Membership benefits include:
- Free access to all parts of the course and stands other than areas reserved by the Stewards or officials for any particular purpose.
- A Member’s Guest Ticket, which carries the same privileges.
- Member’s Breakfast, normally offered on the morning of the season’s Group 1 race meeting.
- Central Region clubs will generally grant complimentary admittance to their Members Stand on presentation of your OMRC Members Ticket. Course entry fees may still be payable at the gate however.
- Free entry at Levin Racing Club’s race-days which are held at Otaki Racecourse.
PO Box 13, Otaki 5542
Always a great family day at the races with live music, kids “Fashion in the Field”, a great selection of bouncy castles and other free kids activities. Whether you chose to take advantage of the food stalls or bringing your own picnic, this is a fantastic summer’s day with a tremendous atmosphere for the whole family. Under 18’s free.
Group 1 Racing is always spectacular and is a great day out, whether you are a serious punter or planning a relaxed day out with the family. With live music in front of the public stand between races, this is always a great day.