Clubs & Courses
Gore R.C.Clubs & Courses Index
The Club was established in 1889 and holds four meetings a year at the Gore Racecourse, two of which are in June and one in both September and May. The racecourse is situated on 53 hectares of freehold land which as well as providing racing facilities is also acts a training centre. You can combine your trip to the races with some fishing. From October to April, Gore attracts anglers from all over the world hoping to catch the wily brown trout, famous in the waters of the nearby Mataura river. Gore is also the Country Music Capital of New Zealand and hosts the “Gold Guitar Awards” during the week leading to Queens Birthday weekend each year and is attended by participants from throughout Australasia.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland and access to the member’s only facilities.
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting.
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse.
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs
For more details and details on how to apply, visit www.gallopsouth.co.nz
Liquorland Gore Guineas – January - Interislander Summer Festival Gore Races
One of the feature days of the Gallop South Festival. The highlight is the Listed $50,000 Liquorland Gore Guineas, the 1st leg of the Windsor Park Triple Crown which offers a $100,000 cash bonus to any horse that can win the three major races in Southland for three year olds.
Getting to the end of the school holidays, running out of things for the kids to do? Bring them to Interislander Summer Festival Gore Races! With thrilling thoroughbred racing action and all day, free, kids entertainment there is something for the whole family this summer!