Weekend Race-Meetings Update
Following the announcement today that the Waikato Alert Level 3 area will remain in place until next Monday, NZTR can advise:
- The meetings scheduled for Te Aroha, Hawke’s Bay, Rotorua and Ashburton will all proceed.
- There are a number of jockeys (5 or 6) who will be unable to ride due to Government travel restrictions. NZTR has identified these jockeys, and is in the process of arranging alternative riders.
- NZTR has sourced sufficient barrier staff to enable each meeting to proceed.
- The NZ Trainers' Association will be assisting trainers unable to accompany their horses due to Government travel restrictions with support on the above race days. Trainers are also encouraged to leverage their own networks where necessary.
- To support trainers affected by Government travel restrictions, NZTR will issue a temporary licence free of charge to suitably qualified horsepeople employed by studs, pretrainers and other equine businesses to work as stablehands on the above racedays. The temporary licence will expire on Monday. Persons wishing to obtain a temporary licence must advise in writing NZTR by 12 pm Friday, together with an endorsement from their employer or trainer who will be utilising their services. Please note that temporary licence requests will not be accepted if they are received after 12 pm Friday.