Meetings and Dates - Latest Information
Earlier this afternoon, the New Zealand Government announced that all of New Zealand will remain in Alert Level 4 until 11:59pm Tuesday 31 August. After this time, all regions, except for Auckland and Northland, will move to Alert Level 3. Auckland and Northland will remain in Alert Level 4 for a likely further period of at least two weeks.
In Alert Level 4, no race meetings, trials or jumpouts can take place, and therefore all race meetings, trials or jumpouts up to and including Tuesday 31 August will not take place.
However, NZTR can confirm the following:
- Wednesday 1 September: Matamata races; Ashburton races
- Thursday 2 September: Cambridge races; Foxton trials
- Friday 3 September: Hawera races; Cambridge trials
- Saturday 4 September: Waikato races (including Northland Breeders’ Stakes and Foxbridge Plate); Wanganui races
- Sunday 5 September: Te Aroha races (including jumps)
- Monday 6 September: Ashburton races; Cambridge trials
- Tuesday 7 September: Taupo races
- Wednesday 8 September: Cambridge races
- Thursday 9 September: Woodville races
- Friday 10 September: Otago races
- Saturday 11 September: Waikato races; New Plymouth races
- The race meeting scheduled for New Plymouth on Saturday 18 September will now take place on Saturday 11 September
- The race meeting scheduled for Hastings (Tarzino Day) on Saturday 11 September will now take place on Saturday 18 September
Further updates will be provided as we continue to work through any additional impacts.