60 Seconds With - Casey Lock
She's the woman of the moment after an emotional win on Saturday in the Gr.3 SkyCity Hamilton Waikato Cup with her beloved Viktor Vegas, so we wanted to find out a little bit more about the always 'pretty in pink' Casey Lock and pick her brain for this week's '60 Seconds With!'
1. If you could swap places with someone for a day, who would it be and why?
A jockey, I would love to be able to ride in a race but I’m too tall, couldn’t afford to loose the weight and definitely not brave enough! But it would be such an amazing thrill and I have the upmost appreciation for them.
2. What is at the top of your bucket list?
To set up a beautiful adjustment farm and train racehorses full time.
3. If you could invite three people to dinner, living or dead, who would you invite?
My grandparents, who have all passed away. I would love to be able to share my achievements with them.
4. What is your favorite thing about your career?
When hard work pays off, resurrecting tried horses and getting results – it’s the best feeling.
5. Describe yourself in three words
Bold! Very outgoing and determined.
6. What motivates you to work hard?
Watching the big trainers succeed, it makes me want to be just as good if not better.
7. What is the best piece of advice someone has given you?
Ask questions and keep on asking them, don’t be afraid to ask people questions. You don’t have to always act on an answer but knowledge is power.
8. Who in the racing industry, do you look up to?
All of the small trainers, to survive in a big sport like this is incredible. The hard work and determination you all have to keep going is amazing to see, don’t give up!
9. What race would you love to win?
The Wellington Cup.
10.What is one thing you’d like people to know about the racing industry?
It is a very hard game, but if you surround yourself with the right people, work hard, be positive and back yourself 110% you will come out on top. The rewards are always there if you apply yourself!