Restrictions around meeting attendance eased
Restrictions regarding attendance at race and trial meetings outside of the greater Auckland region will be removed when the bulk of the country returns to alert level 1 from midnight tonight.
This means that owners and members of the public will be able to freely attend upcoming race meetings at Whanganui, Ascot Park and Hastings.
With Level 2 restrictions remaining in place for Auckland at least until 21 February, the protocols requiring NZTR approved operating plans for attendances of up to 100 persons in separate defined areas will remain in place for the meeting at Ellerslie on 20 February. Auckland Racing Club advises that limited attendances under these restrictions (separate groups of up to 100) will be provided only to Owners and Members. Please contact the club if more clarity is required.
With racing conducted at meetings in regions at alert level 1 and alert level 2, the following approach for participants has been determined:
- NZ COVID Tracer APP QR code to be displayed at entrances and other prominent areas.
- Hand sanitisers to be made available for use by participants and attendees.
- Temperature checking to be conducted for riders and for persons who work in the weigh-room.
- Face masks must continue to be worn in Weigh-room, Parade Ring, Birdcage, Starting Gates and Swab Box under level 2; and mask use is encouraged under level 1.
- People must not attend a race meeting if experiencing symptoms of cold or flu.
The following changes are also noted:
- Trainers are no longer required to advise the club of the stable staff who will work at the meeting.
- Health declarations are no longer required to be provided when entering a meeting.
- Jockeys may now be declared for rides at any meeting, as the inter-island restriction no longer applies.
- These amendments are subject to any further changes in the Government’s Covid-19 Health Orders.