1. They say good things come in threes and that couldn’t be truer for the Bostock New Zealand Spring Racing Carnival, which is made up of three stunning events; Tarzino Trophy Daffodil Raceday (Saturday 19 September), Windsor Park Plate (Saturday 3 October) and Livamol Classic (Saturday 17 October).
2. Each of the three racedays will feature one Group 1 race where the best racehorses in the country will be vying for top honours. Racing really doesn’t get any more exciting than this!
3. Not only does Tarzino Trophy Daffodil Raceday kick off group 1 racing for the new season, it also supports the Hawke’s Bay Cancer Society, with the $5 gate entry price acting as a donation to the charity. Over the years, the Daffodil Raceday initiative has raised more than $260,000 for the Cancer Society nationwide.
What’s more? There will be one horse in each race wearing the Daffodil Day silks and if that horse wins, the TAB will donate $2,000 to the New Zealand Cancer society!
The queen of the Bostock New Zealand Spring Racing Carnival, Melody Belle, made it three from three last year when she took out the Tarzino Trophy, Windsor Park Plate AND the Livamol Classic.
4. After a little indulgence? Consider upgrading your raceday by choosing one of the many hospitality packages on offer. Street food? Buffet lunch? Private function? Hawke’s Bay Racing has you covered. Check out your options here.
5. If you’re after a party, Livamol Classic is a day not to be missed! Boogie the day away in the ZM White House (AKA the liveliest place on course). With bars, TAB facilities and catering options to keep you fuelled, the ZM White House is the spot to kick your heels up in style.
6. The Bostock New Zealand Spring Racing Carnival is quite possibly the most stylish event in Hawkes Bay (read: time to put away the trackies, dust off your glad rags dress to impress!). Think you’ve nailed your fit? Consider entering the fashion in the field competition at Livamol Classic Day. With $10,000 worth of prizes up for grabs, you could leave the track a serious winner... even if you have no luck on the punt!