Turnover Report to 13 August 2017
- Counties RC Saturday meeting had no equivalent meeting last season.
- Te Aroha, Racing Sunday meeting ran 7 races in FY18, the meeting was abandoned last season due to heavy rain and the state of the track
Turnover summary notes:
- Total NZ thoroughbred turnover is down, 9.36% year to date.
- 4 less races have been run than compared to the same date last season.
- Turnover per race is down 4.03%.
- Total starts made by thoroughbreds in NZ are 697, 116 less than last season.
- Average field size is 10.25 in FY17, down from 11.29 in FY16.
- The number of races with less than 8 starters is 11, 4 more than at the same stage last season.
Note: Turnovers are provided by the NZRB from various reports. On-course is totalisator turnover on the meeting and on intertrack meetings, plus FOB racing turnover on the meeting only. FOB intertrack is not provided from these reports at present and on-course self-service turnover is also not currently included. Total NZRB racing turnover is all racing bet through the NZRB. NZ racing turnover is NZ thoroughbred, harness and greyhound turnovers combined; imported racing turnover is all imported thoroughbred, harness and greyhound turnover. Combined with sports, the racing turnover provides the total NZRB turnover. NZ thoroughbred export turnovers are stated in $NZ, generally up to a week or two behind other turnover numbers. NZ thoroughbred export turnover for FY15 has been adjusted to take into account previous underreporting