NZTR COVID Announcement
NZTR is working through the implications of today’s announcement that for three days from midnight 17 August 2021 the country will be under Alert Level 4, and Auckland and Coromandel regions will remain under Alert Level 4 for at least a further 4 days.
Conduct of Race meetings
The race meetings at Cambridge on 18 August and at Oamaru on Friday 20 August are both abandoned.
NZTR will be conducting meetings with stakeholder groups and affected clubs, and will update participants tomorrow for upcoming meetings, including possible arrangements for rescheduling of the Cambridge JC and Oamaru JC meetings.
Training of Racehorses
Movement to and from stables for general husbandry of horses is permissible, but Trainers and training venues must:
- seek to minimise the numbers of staff on roster;
- require the use of Government COVID Tracing QR Codes;
- require the wearing of masks;
- require social distancing where possible;
- encourage frequent use of soap or hand sanitisers; and
- require workers who have cold or flu symptoms to stay at home and arrange a COVID test.
Horses can be worked for animal welfare purposes if the Trainer considers that it is necessary for the horse’s wellbeing.
NZTR will update within the next 24 hours in accordance with Government updates and guidelines as these are released.